Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Julie/Julia

Have you seen this movie? Cute. As much as I would love to cook 584 recipes in one year I know before even starting out that this would never be able to happen. That is unless I completely shirked my responsibilities at home and forgot which kids were mine. But alas I am not up to the challenge. The movie did however inspire me to do something I have been wanting to do for a long, long time.

I am going to read "The joy of cooking" from the front cover to the back. A dear friend of mine gave me this cookbook as a wedding gift and ever since it has enticed me ever time I open it. There is history on food, how to properly set a table, and all kinds of other things. I feel like I will be a better cook and a better person after I have read this book.

I have also been inspired to create a kitchen I love. I am just not feeling my kitchen cabinets lately. So Nick and I talked and we are going to paint them. I lovely creamy ivory which I think will look great with some new hardware. The kitchen is the place I am the most. Why not make everything beautiul?

Someone once told me when we first married to not have anything in your house that doesn't bring you joy. How true is that? So that is what I am striving for. And I think I will start in the kitchen.
Pin It!

No comments: