Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Go to The Rock!

I have been offered a promotion at work. It is a definite vertical jump for my resume and will help me down the road when I am ready to go full time. The problem is that it is more hours, only six, but more hours. My future boss that I talked to said I could even work only four days a week so my mother in law can still have a day open. I keep praying about it and keep saying "okay if she says I can work only four days I'll know" and then that happens but I still doubt. I've talked to Nick, my cousin Jaime, and my mom, and they all kind of gave me that look of "why wouldn't you take it?" and muttered "idiot" under their breath in a Napoleon Dynamite kind of way. I know what I am supposed to do and yet why am I still hesistant? Because I am scared to take the leap of faith and trust God will work it out. For 30 hours a week, four days a week, I will work 2 eight hour days and 2 seven hour days. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things and yet I am dreading this. I will have to be at work at 6 every day which seems awful now but I suppose when I am used to it, it won't be so bad. Does anyone have any advice? Sometimes I try to make my doubt in God out to be God not wanting me to do something. Please pray for me as I think I may be crazy!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it!!! You will never know if you can juggle this many balls in the air unless you pick up the balls and try! God is good and he will direct your path. If Nick's Mom is ok with it, then you should really try it. If it is too much you will know! Good luck
Love Aunt Jan