Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bad Mommy

The kids are awake. Naptime ends at 4:00 in our home. Its 2:39 according to the clock on the computer. They are in bed. I am on strike against getting them. Sometimes Mommy needs a break. The problem with this is the guilt has started to set in and so with each passing moment I feel a little worse about leaving them up there to make what can only be identified as jungle noises to one another through the hall. Why am I still not getting them you ask? First let me ask you if you've ever dealt with a child who has not napped? Hmmm? So you know why I am resisting with all of the strength I have to not go and get two unnapped children out of their dens. Things will be thrown, kids and Mommy's will cry, rears will be swatted and by the time Nick comes home the draperies will be torn from the windows, I'll have gum in my hair and we probably won't know where Calvin is. Oh and inevitably a shoe will have been flushed down the toilet...again. So no I am not getting you, no matter how many times you call "mama" or say " Yoohoo, I'm done with the nap!" You can sit...reflect, pray, practice your Yoga moves; the chaos is going to have to wait just a couple more moments.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Aunt Jan said...

How about a child that NEVER napped a day in his life?? That is your cousin, Andy. His day care school called me in to ask me to please tell Andy he had to sleep every day. I said "Good luck. He has never taken a nap why would he start now!" There was 'Quiet Time' in his room so I did not loose my mind every day. But more than the sanity issue there was time needed to begin dinner so when Uncle Bill came in the door there was at least a thought of what we were having that night. If need be, if Emma does not sleep, set a timer to go off so she knows when she can leave her room. If she does drift off just remember to go get the timer so it does not wake her up. There will be more and more days when Emma may not sleep. After all she is a 'big girl' now, you know!!! Good luck!! Aunt Jan
P.S. Chris slept every day for at least 4 hours. I could sew an entire dress or skirt while he slept, and have dinner on the table when Uncle Bill walked in the door!)