Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I love about Autumn


There are so many things I love about Autumn. Fall is one of those times when I will jump out of bed with excitement screaming "I love Autumn." And why you ask? Because I am a dork. That is why. There are many things I love about Autumn including:

Sleeping with the windows open

The way the sun streams differently through the windows

The jewel colored decorations

How crisp the air is

School supplies...everything is more fun when written with a new pen

Football! Okay I do not watch football but it is so much fun to curl up with Nicholas on the couch and take a nap in our fuzzy pants while a game is on.

Comfort Foods-apple pie, pot roast, meatloaf, macaroni, stews, chili...there is nothing like it on a cold night to be shared with family

The fruits-apple picking, pumpkin picking, apple cider, on and on...I love it!

Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves...enough said

The clothes...first of all you can wear anything. Your fav tank with a warm sweater. And mentioning the sweaters you can start pulling out all of your fab sweaters and you don't need a coat!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so not a 'Fall' person. Fall is the lead in to 'Winter' The cold, cold, snow hitting you in your face as you walk to school, time of the year. I love 'Spring'. The wonderful time of the year when all is new. The trees show all their new leaves, the flowers are showing their beautiful new colors. The warm breeze hit you in the face as you fly a kit for the first time that year. There are new baby bunnies that scamper across the freshly cut grass, and the smell of new budding roses that wait proudly for you to cut them and share their aroma with all in your home. Give me spring any day over fall! I would rather wear a tank top than a heavy itchy wool sweater any day!! I hate cold!! But I love you, so enjoy every minute you can with your two little ones, as these days fly by so fast. And soon you will be bundling them up in their snow suits, boots, hats and gloves and trying to get the seat belt to fit over the added fluff!
Love Aunt Jan