Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love You Baby

This is my husband. His name is Nick and he is amazing. He is one of those people that everyone loves; he is hilarious, kind, generous, trusting, and just genuinely a great person. His mom and dad did such a phenomenal job raising him that he had no choice but to turn into a phenomenal human being. So I just wanted to publicly (I don't know how publicly since I think about 5 people read this thing!) thank him for all that he is to us:

Thank you for being such a great dad. You are never hesitant to play horsey, build block towers (or cities since you are a city planner!), change a diaper, give a bath, get a baby for a feeding in the middle of the night, or babysit so I can simply have a break. You are a fair disciplinarian and you have such a soft heart when it comes to your children and their feelings. Listening to you reading to Emma with all of your silly voices and making her belly laugh while playing have been the greatest joys of my life (so far, we've still got Calvin!).

Thank you for being such a wonderful husband. You are one of those husbands that friends tell me how lucky I am to have. And don't I know it. We've both messed up in the past, but you've always been quick to forgive me or quick to make things right on your part. I am so glad that we are in this marriage together. I love that you still make me laugh as hard as you did when we first met and were awkwardly shoe shopping. And everyday when you play with our children, you are more and more handsome to me. You truly take my breath away. Thank you for caring so much about your family and friends...you show that so much everyday through your actions and through your prayer time. I love you and like I've said before, I survived before you but I had never really lived. Thank you for making me live.

Thank you for being a best friend. You are so Christ-like in your ability to forgive and love and understand. I love how many friends you have and how they all think you are the greatest guy. You are so much to so many people and I want you to know how love and appreciated you are. Thank you for being you. I love you!
Pin It!

No comments: