Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

We're getting there!

See this cash register?  This is the gift my Aunt Jan gave Emma for Christmas.   Simply because she's an awesome Aunt is the only thing I can figure. 

This register has helped me in more ways than I had ever hoped for. 

See first of all, the kids LOVE this thing. 

But also on the box I saw that it was made by this company called "Lakeshore Learning". So my interest was piqued.  Hmmm...what's this place?  So a few google requests later and I found out it was this awesome educational store and there was one in CHIGAGO!!!  Actually there are 2! 

If you have never been to one of these stores, you should go.  Even if you don't homeschool.  There are games and toys and books galore. 

Anyway, we went there once when we decided to homeschool but didn't really get much.  I had no clue what I was doing (still don't!) and just kind of wanted to see what they had to offer.

This weekend we went back to the store, flagged catalog in hand, ready to do some serious shopping.  I spent $73.00 which I don't think is much in the grand scheme of things. I was in need of a lesson planner too because the one I had bought from the buck section at Target was already falling apart.  And I had found a coupon on their website for a free planner!  God is so good!!!! 

I got trays to put Kazoo's work in, a magnetic wand thing for science projects, all kinds of curriculum, writing strips, a multiplication activity/game, THE PLANNER, paint sets, crayons, and lots, lots more.  I am excited because we are almost there! 

The attic however still isn't done, which consequently means that all of my homeschool stuff is stored in boxes.  I now have three giant boxes filled with supplies and things just itching to be put somewhere super cute!  Can't wait!  But we will get there, I know it's just a matter of time and patience. 

Our garage sale was pretty successful. We didn't make enough as we had hoped but we made some.  And that's all that you can hope for, right?  God is soooo good,folks. 

I even had a chance to do a bit of garage saleing (saling???) myself.  I'll try to take pictures of everything I bought during naptime today and post that. 

Happy Monday ya'll.  Hope you had a great weekend!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Aunt Jan said...

I bought this for Emma because I knew she would love it! And I would have loved to have had this when I was growing up. When Mom and Dad would come home from the store your Mom and I would play store. We would take turns being the cashier. I remember how much fun it was so I hoped Emma would have memories like her Grandma and I have!