Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lazy Day

Today we didn't do much of anything.  It was very nice.  I woke up with Nick at 4 in the MORNING!  He left for work then and I couldn't get back to sleep.  So I was able to work on the garage sale stuff then and haven't touched the stuff since.  I have over 500 items priced for this silly, silly sale.  I have charities ear marked that various things are going to.  Clothing is going towards a woman's charity, books are going to our library's organization that has book sales to raise money, on and on.  Our garage sale is this coming Thursday and Friday if you are in the area and want to hang out. 
For the rest of the day we did nothing.  It was nice.  I guess I shouldn't say "we did nothing" because we did some stuff, just not much.  Our zoo has these mornings called "Member Mornings" on Saturday mornings where you can go in before the zoo opens to watch them feed the animals.  So the kids were both up by 7 and we trekked over to the zoo.  Only there were no animals.  Bummer dude.  Lions, Tigers, Crocodiles, Otters, Camels...all were down for count.  They must be in pens somewhere.  The kids were so sad.  I was kind of irritated.  But live and learn, right?
Then we went to Target.  I went to get more labels (which cost me $1.94 btw) and ended up spending quite a bit more. Whoopsie-daisie.  I did get some really good deals and I simply have to tell you about this one...
Starbucks Coffee, originally $8.99/bag was on sale for $8.49.  If you bought 3 you got a $5.00 gift card back.  Score.  THEN I had 3 $1.50 off 1 bag of coffee coupons that I used so I got 3 bags of Starbucks Coffee for $20.97 or $15.97 after you factor in the value of the gift card! That made each bag only $5.33.  I usually get Meijer's ultra cheap/on-the-verge-of-being-gross coffee for $5.99/bag so I was super, duper excited.  It's the little things, I guess. 
After we got back home I did nothing.  Well I got the job of watering the grass.  Which is dying by the way.  It makes my heart tense with sadness to have to tell you that.  Mr. Nick is not a happy camper after paying to sod our yard twice now.  He's been talking to the sod company to figure out what to do.  The good thing is that we at least have SOME grass.  They said since we have some we should be able to put some shade seed down and it should work.  Ugh.  But anyway, probably only my Aunt Jan knows, but our yard is about the size of a post stamp and it is a straight up crazy weird shape so to move a sprinkler somewhere that isn't hitting our house is, well, let's just call it a challenge, shall we? 
After that I made the awesome mistake of not even getting anything out for dinner so after our incredibly boring/unproductive day I am now sitting here writing this instead of making dinner.  I made some homemade yogurt so I wouldn't feel so bad.  It helped.  A little. 
Nick is on his way home and I made the mistake of calling him for dinner ideas.  It went something like this:
me: hey babe.  I didn't make dinner what do you want?
Nick: I don't know what do you want?
me: I don't know.  See me calling you here to ask?  (silly!)
Nick: Gyros.  I'm picking up gyros. 
yeah
The End

Lesson learned I should have said...
me: hey.  didn't make dinner.  I called an order in at Blank-blank restaurant.  Can you pick it up?

But he did have to work on Saturday so if the man wants Gyro's he should get Gyro's.  It's not that I don't like Gyro's.  I do.  Really I do.  My intestinal tract however, seems to have a different opinion. 

And on that note...Happy Saturday night!  :)


Pin It!

No comments: