Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

on and on and on

So sorry I haven't been on here recently. I'll try to write soon, I promise. Things here have been a little nutty around here. Em wrapped up hockey, we had a field trip this last week, before that the two kids have been sick. We are looking at getting Cal tested for PDD-NOS which is on the Autism Spectrum (which even typing just makes me refuse to think about...lalalala), I've recently spoken out about Cal's problems with my work blog and it is kind of overwhelming with being so out there and open and also the response. We also have been remodeling in our living room, we are leaving for vacation in 10 days, I had to donate silent auction items, plan a fall party, and make the kids halloween costumes. To say we've been busy feels a bit like an understatement. Also Emma had her tongue clipped which seems like no big deal but it's gotten incredibly infected to the point she couldn't eat or drink. So we're now on round 2 of antibiotics and she says her tongue still hurts. On top of all of that, after a 4 hour appointment with an allergist we found out that Cal is allergic to so many things, it kind of baffled the doctor. So far he's allergic to grass, ragweed, two types of mold, peanuts, soy, and eggs. The tests were so long that he didn't want to test him for more but he said since he's allergic to ragweed he'll need to be tested with other things they only test adults for. Weird fact I learned was that most little kids don't even have the capacity to be allergic to ragweed. Yep, that's my kid! And did you know that soy is in practically everything. So making homemade bread, crackers, anything basically has been added to my list of things to do. We're hoping once all of these things which are toxic to his little body are out that he'll be sweet and kind and won't have raging eczema and he won't make his momma's heart stop when we have an asthma attack.

So that's what's been going on with us. There are some days I just feel consumed by all of this. It feels like we can never catch a break. Even when I do get a break I am so stressed and worried. But I know God is with me because when I look in the rearview mirror and see two little kids...that's what makes me smile. How blessed am I that I get to be their mommy? I love it. I love our life. This weekend Cal kept asking me "make Mommy happy?" and my eyes just fill with tears as I answer him over and over and over and over "yes bud you make Mommy very, very happy." All of this...I love and it makes me very happy. :)
Pin It!

No comments: