Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Stick A Fork In Us...

I am done Christmas Shopping, and, yes, you did read that right! Nick and I have been searching for the children's gifts for the past month. With all of that planning and budgeting we were able to be done before the crowds and we got some amazing deals. Are you itching to know what they were? Well! I have to say as I skipped out of Toys R Us last night (thankful that was my 19th and last time in there this season) I was very proud of Nick and I that we were able to get our shopping done and spend only $100.00 on each child. When one toy is on SALE for $24.99, $100.00 sure doesn't seem to go very far, does it?

So we had to get creative. VERY creative. Here was my plan of action: shop sales every week, look at clearance items, shop with coupons, and shop around. Also I shop through the year for my gift closet and at the end of the year if there's anything left that the children would like I use those for presents too. This turned into an amazing blessing this year as I already had some gifts for the kids. We were able to get 10 items for each child and 3 presents that are for both of them. Twenty-three items under our tree for $200.00 isn't bad. Here's what I got for each Child, what I paid, where I got it:
Calvin:
Sit n Spin for $10.00 at Target
My Pal Scout for $10.00 at Target
Fur Real Puppy for $12.00 at Toys R Us
Chuck My Talking Truck for $22.00 at Toys R Us
Batman Costume for $4.00 at Toys R Us
Little Einstein Toy for $0.00, I had this in my gift closet from years ago so I’m counting it as free!
Christmas Baby Book for $0.00, again shopped the gift closet
Charlie Brown Hat for $5.00 at Gap
Helmet Heroes for $20.00 at Toys R Us
Imaginext figure for $6.00 at Toys R Us
Emma:
Hungry Hippo Travel Game for $1.00 at Target
Disney’s Belle Crown for $4.00 at the Disney Store
Disney’s Belle Gown for $21.00 at The Disney Store
Kitty purse for $0.00 from the Gift Closet
Pink Guitar for $26.00 from Toys R Us
Mary Engelbreit paper dolls for $0.00 from gift closet
Book for $0.00 from gift closet
Webkinz pair for $10.00 from Target
Candy Land for $4.00 from Toys R Us
Book for $5.00 from Ebay
Robe for $10.00 from Target
Lava Lamp for $6.00 from Menards
For Both:
DVD for $6.00 at Family Christian Bookstore
Aquadoodle for $8.00 at Toys R Us
Go Fish Game for $4.00 at Target
If anything pops out at you and you just have to know how I got it that cheap leave a comment and I’ll respond. I was very impressed with what we got and I know the kids will love everything! Shhh…don’t tell them what they are getting!
Pin It!

No comments: