Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sleeping Alone

Nick’s new job is going to be different for a while because he is going to be working 12 hours a day from 5pm to 5am…ouch. He will work some crazy schedule of 2 days on, 2 days off and other patterns that I don’t quite understand yet.

At first I was really quite upset about the prospect of my husband being away from home for that long and at night but now (secretly) I am getting a tiny bit excited. Here are some of the reasons why:

Socks…I love to wear socks to bed but Nick hates it when I do, so I don’t. Guess who will be wearing socks to bed now?

Hitting the Hay…he by no way makes me or anything but a lot of times I stay up later than I should so I can spend time with Nick alone. I am hoping that the nights Nick works I will be able to get myself to bed at about 9 and have a restful night’s sleep.

Scary Face…remember the face you went to bed with before there was someone else in your bed? I am talking the curlers in your hair, noxema all over, that face you sported? Well I will be able to wear the scary face again…provided no little children need me who are going to be scared out of their mind.

Snowman pj’s…when you come to bed wearing purple thermal pajamas with giant snowmen on them, it kind of kills any mood of intimacy there might have been…now I can wear them whenever I want!

As much as these things sound so exciting (not) and luxurious (not) I am going to miss my man so much. There is nothing better than falling asleep in the arms of someone who loves you as much as you love them. I love how he watches television and twirls my hair. I love that we have only ever known one another so intimately and ever will only know one another.

I am going to miss him when he is at work but I am sure it will make falling asleep next to him that much sweeter when he gets to be at home. :)
Pin It!

No comments: