Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Sleep Deprived Mama

So Nick and I were talking this weekend and as we are talking he made me realize that I have been surviving the last few months on only 3 hours of sleep a night. 3 HOURS OF SLEEP A NIGHT! A light went off in my head when I realized this: this would explain why I am so grumpy, and unmotivated, and unorganized, and... Not only am I stumbling through the day but I think my brain is just shutting down at certain points of the day. So I am making a declaration and saying no more! I am going to get more sleep (I'm making the drastic change to 4 hours of sleep a night) and I am going to have a schedule for myself so that I am no longer found in the kitchen staring blankly at the counter...just standing and staring. Here is my schedule for myself:

4:30-5:00 Swiffer house and mop
5:00-5:45 Get ready for work, do devotions, pump (breast milk, not iron, teehee!)
6:00-1:00 Work, work, work!
1:00-2:00 Eat lunch and play with kids
2:00-3:00 Naps for the children, cleaning and household chores for me
3:00-3:30 If children still napping, downtime for me!
4:00-5:00 Play with kids, prepare dinner
5:00-6:00 Prepare and eat dinner
6:00-7:00 Open for playing, relaxing, whatnot
7:00-8:00 Cleaning!
8:00-8:18 Storytime with Emma before bed
8:18-9:00 Alone time with Nick
9:00-9:30 Shower or take bubble bath
9:30-10:00 Get ready for bed, get outfit ready for next day, set coffee maker, etc.
10:00 bed time!

So if I were to go to bed at 10:00 I would get 6 hours of sleep (actually 5 with 2 feedings with Calvin through the night). However I am realistically going into this knowing it is going to be more like 11:00 before I get to sleep most nights, but a girl can try! I know this is a pretty strict schedule but I don't have to follow it to a t, its just a guideline for me. There are so many things to do that I don't know WHAT to do...does that make sense? So I will let you know later on in the week how my new schedule is going.
Pin It!

No comments: