Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Just a little Thank you God, Thank you God!

Do you ever look at your life and think, how did I get here? That’s the way I felt this weekend. I know that I have done it before, with the forethought being, how did I get so old? Why do I live here? What was I thinking when I thought I could pull off this mom charade? But this weekend, the thought was more along the lines of “I can’t believe all of the wonderful things/animals/furniture/transportation/basic bodily functions/rooms in our home that God has blessed me with.” Do you ever have those moments? I just look around in wonderment…God has taken such good care of me, in spite of everything. In spite of my horrid, horrid, wicked sins, God has forgiven me and blessed me beyond measure. That is what Grace is all about. There’s an acronym for Grace: God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense. Isn’t that just so true? The pastor preached on joy yesterday in the sermon, and oddly enough we learned about the same thing in Sunday School; we talked about how Christians shouldn’t be downer people. You know what kind of downer people I am talking about: the kind of people that complain about every thing, that always have something wrong in their lives, that bring the whole room down when they are there, and that just drain the emotional life out of people they are around. I don’t want to be one of those people. We should be so full of Joy! At everything that God has done in our lives and the forgiveness he has bestowed upon us! I want to be a joyful person!!! I am so blessed, we just can’t understand why he loves us so much! Help me to be one of those people, PLEASE! When I am whiny, or complainy that my amazing husband did one thing stupid (well, stupid to me at least) once in his life, just smack me upside the head and say something gospel-like, such as “be filled with the Lord Jesus Sista!” You have to, its required. Because like the song says I’ve got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus, down in my heart!
Pin It!

No comments: