Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pearl Harbor

So I thought I should talk about Pearl Harbor Day even though it was a few days ago. Nicholas and I visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial on our honeymoon. It was a very sombering occasion, but one I was so excited to take. For those of you who have not been, the memorial that you see above, is directly over the ship under the water. On a side of the memorial you can watch the oil slowly bubbling up still from the tanks. The eerie silence that envelops everyone at the memorial is enough in itself, but then you brush arms with men that were there during those fateful events. My grandfather lived in Hawaii during this time and then came over to the US to fight. Hawaii wasn't even a part of the United States then, if you can believe it. There was an article in the newspaper this past week about our (my) generation not knowing about Pearl Harbor. I don't know who they are talking about but for me Pearl Harbor is a very well known event and one that I think everyone I know knows about. Just thought I would spend a little bit of time talking about Pearl Harbor.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone told you today that you are a ROCKSTAR?? Not only are you cute and funny, the mother of the most amazing little girl in the world, but you are also smart!! I love the memorial.