Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Part 5: Disney World! : 1900 Park Fare and The Grand Floridian


So after our nap after experiencing Magic Kingdom we suited up to head to dinner.  We surprised the kids with dinner at 1900 Park Fare, a Character Meal at The Grand Floridian.  They have a few different types of character meals; we attended Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner.    If you have never been to the Grand Floridian, let me tell ya, it is gorgeous!!!  Gorgeous!  When I was inside I felt like I was on the Titanic or something...it was so beautiful.  


 Here is the menu board
 Detailing on the floor
 Everything is just gorgeous.  Here's the inside of the hotel.  There are several buildings and this is the main one.  I would love to stay here sometime.  We were able to explore a little while we waited to be seated.  

 The hotel ceiling
 There's a full band that plays...it was amazing! 
 Here's Cal checking out the band
 Here's Emma going upstairs...I love how she grabs her dress to walk up stairs :)
 Here's one of the only pictures of myself that I like
 Our beautiful princess and brave knight
 We went upstairs to the gift shop where if you are lucky like me your husband will try on obnoxious hats :)
 Emma and I shopping for bath salts and soaps at Basin which is a neat bath store to go to...highly recommended if you want to splurge and treat yourself :)
 At last we were seated.  The food at 1900 Park Fare is buffet but it was really good.  Not blah buffet but yeah buffet :)  I love the kid plates in Mickey shapes.  If you are a Disney veteran these are nothing special to you, but to me who was totally new to all of this I thought they were the cutest things...it's the little things in life, right?
 This is the part of the evening that I have to just gush and gush about.  Throughout the entire planning of Disney Cal talked about nothing but meeting Prince Charming.  He was so excited to talk about slaying dragons and saving princesses and the like.  But when he got there he completely clammed up.  Prince Charming would have thought Cal had no interest in him.  I was able to pull him to the side and explain Cal had Autism and that he is such a hero to Cal.  

The Prince then really went out of his way to come back to the table after Cal had met him to try again.  He talked at length with Cal about how to save a princess or protect a castle.  The photo above is the prince inspecting Cal's sword and talking about how nice it was.  It was the most special thing about our trip to Cal and I was so grateful to him for doing it.  I was crying it meant to much to me!

And that's just one example of how great Disney is...they really do go out of their way to make you feel special.  
 Another neat thing they do is that Cinderella and her prince dance together...so cute!  They then have the kids dance with them...it was so cute!
 Here are Emma and Cal with Cinderella!  Emma was in heaven!!!  And Cal kept talking about Cinderella, his girlfriend!

 Not only were the Prince and Cinderella there but the whole Cinderella family...the wicked step mother!
 About this time, Cal started feeling really warm...(not to give away the end of the story but it was all down hill here from here!)
 And the wicked stepsisters of course!   They were so funny!!!  
 By the end of the night Cal was passed out and we walked to the car in a dream.  We had to hurry though before our carriage turned into a pumpkin!  

All in all it was an amazing evening and I highly recommend 1900 Park Fare.  It was good food, it was on our meal plan and the children got to meet oodles of characters...all around a win, win!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you frame that last photo of Nick and Cal. I think that should be in your bathroom!

Ashley said...

Oh this makes me so excited! We have dinner reservations for a character meal there! That is so precious about Prince Charming and your son. Love Disney!