Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The little Sweetheart

This is Emma. She is three. She has just recently started realizing her emotions. Its the most precious thing you have ever seen. Tuesday she was going to spend the night at her Grandma's but instead decided to come home because she would miss us. That's the first time she's really just come out and said it...she has figured out what missing us is and how it feels. This morning she woke up while I was getting ready to go to work (which was about 4:30 in the a.m. by the way). I tucked her into our bed with Nicholas and she was very snuggly!
When I left I said goodbye and was explaining to her that Daddy and I would be home tomorrow for the holiday when we really should be at work. She said "When you and Daddy are home with me, it just makes my little heart feel so special." Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard? That made me want to call work and tell them I am never coming in again, instead I will be devoting all of my time to making sure my children have little hearts that forever feel special.
But she is getting it...she knows when she misses us, when she's sad, and when she's happy. I love that she is learning all that there is in this life. She is uncovering herself and we get to see her emerge...to see what makes her feel one way and something else makes her feel completely polar opposite. I love that, I love being here for that.
Pin It!

No comments: