Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Caring About What's Important in 2009



photo by rynna





For Christmas the love of my life bought me a new planner! Which consequently means a New Year! Can you believe 2009 is here and flying by already? This year means the following for me: I have been out of high school for 9 years, out of college for 5. I've been married for 6 years, have known Nick for 8. Emma will be 3, Calvin will be one. And I am happier than I've ever been. This year I will have a birthday for 28. As much as that seems young to some people, it is old to others. As I age the predicted is coming true: I am starting to not care what others think of me. I am learning to find true happiness in just being. I know that some people are still caught up in what labels your clothing has, who has what kind of hairstyle, and trying to keep up with the Jones'. But I am pretty much over those things now and am focusing on things like my family and keeping them safe and happy. Those are the kinds of things that make me happy. I am also discovering what drives me and what makes me truly happy. Organization and the feeling of bettering myself and accomplishment drive me; bubble baths, magazine reading and blogging make me happy. In this year I would like to truly challenge you to look deep into yourself and try to figure yourself out so you can be happy. What makes you happy? What are you doing that doesn't make you happy? And why are you still doing those things? Put foolishness of caring what others think behind you and focus on yourself and your family this year.
Pin It!

No comments: