Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Perfect Picnic Time :)

Today started chaoticly.  Is that even a word?

Anyway, Emma had book club and I kind of forgot, diregarded, forgot to care that I had to chop veggies and cheese for her to take with her.

So that put me way behind when I apparently decided to sleep in.  Way in!

So it was a made dash to the finish line as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning.

After we got her where we needed to go Cal and I did some running around and then back home for reading  and school time.

After we picked Emma up from book club it was off to a picnic with my Grandma, my cousin, and my Great Aunt from North Carolina.  Which was exactly what I needed.  A good old fashioned picnic (with Arby's!)  with multi generations of ladys from the family...what could be better than that?

What killed me about it was our Aunt Irene telling us about fried pies, explaining how to make them, and sharing that "the men folk seem to really like them".  Oh dear she kills me :)

And as a side note I have to say that I think Emma's book club is just about the cutest thing ever.  She goes to it with friends from Girl Scouts and it's at my friend Kristina's house who has amazingly put all of this together.  If I was speaking Anne Shirley language from Anne of Green Gables I would tell you that I think I've found a kindred spirit in her :)


Pin It!

No comments: