Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Calvin Update

Have you ever seen the commercial of the Operertic Vikings singing about cashing out your annuity?  I think its for JG Wentworth or something but they sing "I have an annuity but I need cash now".  Well for some reason this weasel sings "You smell like a bottom and you need cash now".  Ha!  What a weirdo!  He cracks me up!

Anyway, since I hadn't written in a coon's age (ya like that, huh?) I thought I would write a little about what's been going on with Cal. 

Well Cal is still in Speech Therapy and is on the waiting list for Occupational Therapy. 

We've been introduced and have been seeing a Developmental Pediatrician.  She has diagnosed Calvin with ADD (definitely NOT ADHD, just ADD) and we are waiting until he gets older to rule out whether or not we are looking at Autism, more specifically Aspergers. 

The Pediatrician and his therapy team is pretty sure he has Sensory Processing Disorder.

We have really good days and have really, really bad days. 

The weeks when we have bad days are the toughest.  I just wish I bigger support system.  Sometimes it feels really lonely and frustrating.  Sometimes I have to call Nick at work crying telling him I can make no promises that the kids won't be locked out of the house freezing to death when he gets home. 

When Cal started talking I had a therapist tell me that it was seemingly an act of God that got him to talk.  And back then I prayed over his crib every night.  I remember crying out to God that if he would just help him to talk that he could make so many people laugh and smile.  And he does!  It's amazing...the kids waves and talks to everyone.  And Calvin is the funniest person I've ever met.  He's funnier than Nick, and that's saying something. 

Cal is in preschool now and is doing really well.  He's making friends, he's learning things.  But sometimes we get bad reports from the teacher...not cool, Cal, not cool. 

He has a Valentine's Party soon and I am so excited for him.  He loves these events and his face just lights up when he sees us come to his school to celebrate with him. 

Recently Cal has discovered a growing love of Lego's!  He plays with them all of the time and loves creating things.  He also loves the Star Wars movies and has begun watching them all with Nick and Emma.  He also has Star Wars Lego's which is a little piece of heaven on Earth for him. 

His favorite show is Caillou.  I have come to love Caillou with Nick...it helps him talk about things and pretend things around the house so I am all for that. 

So that's some of what Cal is all about right now.  Tomorrow comes Emma-Kazoo!
Pin It!

No comments: