Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bleary Weather, Part 3

Okay where was I? 

Oh yeah he gave me a necklace and it had a ring on the chain.

Well maybe it's because I'm an idiot.  I think it's because I was so worn by the emotional rollercoaster that my mind could no longer wrap itself around the fact that he was proposing.  But it's probably because I'm an idiot.  Whatever the reason, my dumb self actually thought that someone had sold this necklace to the antique store in the box with the ring on the chain and hidden...

see?  You think I'm an idiot now too. 

Whatever the reason I actually told Nick, "oh someone left their ring on the necklace!" 

As I asked Nick what he thought just now he told me he was thinking seriously?  Do you really not get what is going on here? I'm assuming he was probably second guessing his proposal at that moment. 

I finally grasped what was going on when he got down on his knee. 

Nick (as he describes himself) isn't one with the words, so he said "Lindsay Ann I love you, will you marry me?"  Short and sweet.  He said it was wet and cold on his leg.  Wimp. 

Of course I said yes and honestly I have barely any remembrance of this moment.  I just remember the smooching and hugging and a really, really big smile on my face.  Huge. 

If you haven't read my blog for very long, I wrote about my ring a LONG time ago.  If you want to read all about it you can click here. 

After we got back in the car and bathed in the heat (oh my word I couldn't feel my toes!)  we called his mom.  His sister was living at home then and they were waiting by the phone...I thought that was so cute that he had filled them in on that he was proposing.  He's so cute.  We called my family.

After we left Minnetrista we went to the super market and got Raspberry Sorbert...for the life of me I have no idea why.  I asked him what he would have done if I'd said no.  He said "You wouldn't have said no.  It's funny you ask though because the guys in studio (Architecture Class) asked me the same thing and I told them 'I'll punch her in the face and leave' ".  Nice, real nice. 

Then he took me home.  It was a wonderful evening.  Full of adventure and excitement and memories.  We laughed, we cried.  I was pissed, I was joyous...it was wonderful. 

Then the next day I rolled out of bed ready to plan the wedding... 

Well that concludes the engagement story.  If any of you yokels want to here more I can keep going.  Just let me know if you're interested :)
Pin It!

No comments: