Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why Hello There

We are back, did you miss me?  We went to South Carolina and had such an amazing time.  We visited family, ate way too much, introduced the children to the ocean, visited some dear, dear friends, visited tons of plantations, and laughed more than we ever have before.  Ah, the memories a family vacation gives us. 

But now we are home and this week has proven that vacation is over.  Back to the daily grind, the mounds of laundry, the meetings, the agendas, on and on. 

We've been hitting things really hard. 

Tuesday Nick had off and we pulled apart every room.  Rugs up, furniture out.  We scrubbed walls, vacuumed, mopped everything.  It feels so nice having a clean slate here. 

Nick is working like mad to get the attic done in time for homeschooling.  I know it isn't going to be done in time...I am so surprised...NOT!  But I am doing a really good this time to just let it roll off my back.  It will get done, HOPEFULLY soon.  In the meantime he's been doing so many hard things that I can't help but cut him some slack.  He's built and framed new walls, ran new electric, installed a new electric box (or whatever...can you tell I have NO idea what I am talking about?), and on and on.  I am so impressed that we haven't had to hire anyone.  He initially decided to just hire the work out and then later decided he wanted to figure it out as he went. 

I've been ebaying like crazy.  One reason is because I have soooo much that needs to be sold.  It would be nice to decrease my inventory before I have to set up a new office once the attic is done. 

Children's resale.  Another thing I've been going at full throttle.  These children of mine have some type of magic closets or something because I have no idea where they get all of this clothing from...it must multiply or something!  Needless to say we have oodles and oodles of clothes that need to go to someone else's home.  So they are sitting nicely at the resale now and in two short days will be the resale where we hopefully will get rid of a lot. 
So that's it!  We're home, we're busy, and we are safe and sound.  God is so good to us.  In life I get so swamped and tired and just, well, in the thick of things that sometimes I don't see the big picture clearly.  But when I do see the big picture, holy moly is it just incredible.  God is so good to us and we are so vastly blessed. 
Pin It!

No comments: