Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Weekend


We sat in a cozy booth Friday afternoon and ordered lunch. I stared at him, I laughed at his jokes, the food came. We bowed our heads, and he prayed, "may we please have a fall in love kind of weekend Lord". We lifted our heads and I couldn't help but smile.

I am already so in love with my husband. But the weekend helped too.


This past weekend Nick took me to our favorite little place. It was divine.


Friday afternoon we rolled into town and found that there were only a few shops opened. We sat and had a wonderful lunch then just meandered around in the sunshine. It was almost 50 degrees there, which compared to the -15 windchill we've been used to felt heavenly.


We went to one store where Nick always gets lemon drops. I saw him walk up to the counter with a rolling pin. "What are you doing?" I asked him.


"You've wanted this. I want you to have it."


The fact that he remembered brought tears to my eyes. He remembered. And not only that, he cared.


Dinner was at a new brewery. We tried to find a new place for dessert but everything was already closed so we settled on a winery with live music. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long, long time. All of these drunk people were up dancing and Nick was making fun of them. Ah, how making fun of people makes me laugh. Nick's been dancing like them in my kitchen now which is equally laughable.


The next day we shopped, we had an amazing day all around. It was a long, long day though as it started with me working out in the hotel and ended with us lugging two sleeping children upstairs in the very, very late hours of the night when we got home. So it ended with a workout too.


We know that we are truly blessed by our marriage. God has created us for one another. There isn't any tension of trying to shove pieces together that just aren't meant to be. We've always been made for one another. But we do work on it. Some friends don't work on their marriage at all and for us to see, it's just sad. You've gotta take the time folks.


Nick makes me laugh. A lot. He's hands down the funniest person I've ever met. But he also still gives me butterflys after 10 years. And that's pretty hard to do after that amount of time. Anyone that just turns around in the middle of the street and kisses you is bound to give you butterfly's, right?


I am definitely one lucky girl to have him. Nope, scratch that. I'm a blessed girl to have him...I know luck has nothing to do with it. And we definitely had a fall in love kind of weekend :)
Pin It!

No comments: