Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's get some laundry done

So I know that this is probably the stupidest thing that someone could spend weeks contemplating over, but I am thinking of switching up my laundry routine and I am just wondering how everyone else does laundry. I have always been a one day laundry type of gal. I don't want to feel enslaved to the laundry room so I always try to get it all done Saturday. It worked pretty well when it was just Nicholas and I but since the kiddos have come along, well, the process has kind of stretched out a bit. And when you have things to do on Saturdays that makes it even more difficult. I tried to get a head start and get all of my laundry done on Friday which resulted in clothing being strewn throughout the house as it never seemed to put itself away. I know some people do laundry every day and I like the idea of that in theory but I am wondering how it works...do you just do one random load a day? Do you do one person's laundry a day? And when do you fold and put it away...the same day or the next day when you are doing the other laundry? So I know I am now officially a freak but I am just dying to know how everyone else does this.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Aunt Jan said...

When the Taylors had a houseful we did laundry on Sunday afternoons. Uncle Bill was always packing for his next trip right from the dryer. Now that Uncle Bill has cut his traveling down to almost never, (except this week he is in St Louis,) we still do the laundry on Sunday afternoon. We are done by around 4:00 pm and have the rest of the evening to prepare for the coming week. May not work for you. I never had to do laundry every day. I always made sure the kids had enough underwear, socks and shirts to last all week. Pants could be worn more that once if there were not worn the day they played baseball and slide into home plate! Good luck finding a new day. I could never do it on Saturday as we always had too much to do that day with errands, ball games, food shopping and catching up on the details of the past week. Love Aunt Jan